Marsa Sexual Health Center was officially launched in March 2011 and registered within the ministry of interior as a nongovernmental organization.
This project started with the support of World Health Organization (WHO), Medico and Arabic Foundation for Freedom and Equality (AFE) with a constant partnership with the National Aids Program (NAP).
Within one year of work, Marsa has become the organization that is performing one of the highest numbers of Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) for HIV in Lebanon.
This is due to the dedication of the staff members who work as a team to ensure that every client’s need is met.
Confidentiality and anonymity are the most prominent aspects of Marsa’s services which ensure satisfaction for the individuals who seek them, in addition to the subsidized prices or free services it offers.
Marsa sexual health center provides comprehensive, primary and secondary healthcare services with a multidisciplinary team in a safe, welcoming, accessible and friendly environment that is free of judgment and bias with a focus on women, vulnerable groups, and economically disadvantaged populations.
Our services include medical, social and psychological consultations as well as awareness campaigns to ensure that information, resources, support, and services of the highest quality regarding sexuality are available and accessible to all those who need them in the community.
- Ayman Assi, PhD, President, Founder
- Georges Azzi, Board Member, Founder
- Nizar El Kinge, MD, Board Member, Founder
- Christine Tohme, Board Member
- Mohamed Naja, MD, Board Member
- Sahar Mandour, Board Member
- Rima Majed, PhD, Board Member
- Tarek Masri, Board Member
- Diana Abou Abbas, Executive Director
- Lama Ftouni, Administrative Officer
- Sara Abu Zaki, Project Manager
- Fatima Khalil, Voluntary Testing and Counseling Coordinator
- Rabih Maher, Sexual Health Educator
- John Abou Elias, Sexual Health Educator
- Rana Aaraj, Sexual Health Educator
- Iman Feghaly – Sexual Health Educator
- Anthony Nemr, Sexual Health Educator
- Nohra Ghaoui, Sexual Health Educator
- Naji Bou Zeid, Sexual Health Educator
- Celine El Khoury, Sexual Health Educator
- Anthony Hakim, Sexual Health Educator
- Miled Abou Jaoude, Psychotherapist
- Antoine Ghanem, MD, Dermatology, STIs Specialist
- Jihane Naous, MD, Family Medicine, STIs Specialist
- Nassif Ghebaly, MD, Family and Aesthetic Medicine, STIs specialist
- Rami El Husseini, Dietetic Counselor
- Mourad Maaliki, Financial Officer
This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)